This notice applies to personal data we hold about individuals and other individuals, such as company directors, or contacts on business accounts, including sole traders and partners. It does not apply to information which we hold about companies and other legal organisations.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time to ensure it is always up to date and accurate. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice will be posted on this page.
Gaia Energy Brokers Limited (company number 08454140) is the data controller in relation to the Services and your personal data. Our registered address is 23 High Street Lampeter SA48 7BH
Gaia Energy Brokers Limited
143 Lake Road
Bristol BS10 5JG
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information we may collect
We will request and process the following data about you:
- Your contact details and the contact details of people associated with your business: this will include name, addresses and date of birth. Where suppliers request previous address history for credit checks, and bank sort code and account number in order to set up Direct Debits, we will ask you for this information.
- We do not require special categories of personal data (such as political, or religious beliefs)
- If we contact each other in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence, this includes letter, email and enquiries submitted via our website
- What we use your personal information for and why
- Where we process your personal data because of a contract
If you have requested a Service from Gaia Energy Brokers Limited, we will process your personal data to support the application to the Supplier; our lawful basis for processing your data is “performance of a contract” with you. We are unable to provide our Service if you choose not to provide your data. Your contact details are collected so that Gaia Energy Brokers Limited and your Supplier can contact you about you about your contract and supply.
- Where we process your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to.
Processing is also carried out for the purpose of “legitimate interests” pursued by us, or our agents and service providers, utilising the least amount of personal data necessary for the particular task. We may monitor calls to provide customer service support, and for training and quality purposes; this helps us improve the service we provide.
Gaia Energy Brokers Limited may disclose and use personal information collected about you within its own organisation for the purpose of internal business administration and analysis, completing any transaction you are undertaking with us, providing any goods or services to you, associated administration, or obtaining professional advice.
We may need to pass your data to our agents and service providers, which may involve passing your data outside of the European Economic Area.
If you request to be kept informed of services that we offer, your data may be used for marketing purposes by Gaia Energy Brokers Limited. If you have used the service through a third party we will share contact details with them, or their marketing partners and agencies in line with their normal practice.
- Where we have processed your data because we are legally obliged to
We also process items of your personal data because we are legally obliged to and in order to comply with data protection legislation and for the purpose of internal and statutory audits. By using our website or services you are also agreeing to the use of your personal information by Gaia Energy Brokers Limited and regulatory/governing bodies for the purpose of compliance monitoring
If you have any queries about the data we hold about you, or about the safeguards we have in place to protect it, you can contact our Operations Manager at email@example.com
We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary in order to achieve the processing purposes
- Where we collect your personal data from
- Directly from you when you request services from us, submit information via our website, or when you contact us via telephone, email or any other form of communication
- Other companies we work with provide us with information to help us deliver and match our products and services to you. These include, third party data providers, lead generation providers and third party brokers who use our services as a data processor. All partners, suppliers and third parties who Gaia Energy Brokers Limited work with are responsible for ensuring they are GDPR compliant.
- Information you submit to our social media accounts
- The government and regulators such as Information Commissioners Office (ICO) may provide us with information about complaints they receive.
- Who we share your personal data with
- Where you have requested a service, we will share your personal details with the Supplier to complete the service order
- Third party brokers who utilise our services as a data processor
- Credit and fraud agencies, including Experian and Credit Safe
- The government and regulators such as Information Commissioners Office (ICO) may provide us with information about complaints they receive
- Employees within Gaia Energy Brokers Limited, including Sales Agent and Administration in order that they can provide, and process services requested by you, as well as Managers for analytical and dispute resolution.
- Direct Marketing
We may contact you by email, telephone or post with information about our products and services we believe you may be interested in. When you call Gaia Energy Brokers Limited , we may also provide you with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in. You can let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data storage and security
We have security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control. We have security measures in place to protect its user database and access to this database is restricted.
We have put procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and the supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our servers are situated within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located, and our processing of such data will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to request access to your data; have it amended if it is not correct; place restrictions on, or object to its processing; request erasure of your data; and have the right to data portability (provided in a format which other companies are able to use). If requesting any of the above from Gaia Energy Brokers Limited please provide this in writing, or by email to email@example.com
If you opt into marketing permission, you have the right to change your mind at any time; you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org